What I Have Been Through

 You all would not believe what I have during the last time I have posted. It all start sometime around late March. I wake up in felt pain in my right calf. The next day, the pain moved to my knee and I had trouble lifting it all the way. The pain so excruciating as I tried to sit in the bathtub. 

My mom took me to urgent and the nurses put me in a wheelchair. The doctor diagnosed me with have a knee sprain. However, I wasn't able to get on the urgent care's x-ray machine because of my size. So she referred me  to an orthopedic doctor and an appointment for Monday afternoon. My knee felt like it locked up on me as I was getting a pedicure that weekend.

After my mom went to work on that Monday morning, the pain spread to my knee, calf and foot. The pain was so excruciating I could not wait for 3:00 pm set for that afternoon. A nurse from urgent care called for a follow-up. She distracted with questions as I waited for an ambulance. The EMTs wrapped a bandage on my injured area and told me to wait until the appointment time because the emergency room's high rate of COVID-19 cases.

I planned own releasing my second book, Free To Be Vee, in April (National Poetry Book), but I focused on my recovery and taking medication that made dizzy and/or drowsy. Alcohol could not be consumed while I was taking the medication and had to be careful when using machinery. I stayed with my dad and stepmom during my recovery because my mom had to work.

 They is what I have been through. But, I am better now since I no longer have to walk with a cane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black History in the Making: Carlos Hurd

Fried Chicken and Watermelon

Universal Parenting Advice