Thursday June 25, 2009

 It was a day I will never forget. In fact, it was a day the whole world never forgot.  It was so shocking that the internet crashed. On that day, Farrah Fawcett died after her battle with cancer. But nothing prepared me for the shock I was going to happen in for a few hours later. My mom was picking me up from the university library when she told me that Michael Jackson had a heart attack. At first, I thought it was a rumor since there were a lot of rumors about him anyway. By the time we got home, I turned on the TV and saw the horrible news. I remember dropping the remote control. My sister called and thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I remember going to the local mall that Saturday hearing his music in the hall and in some stores. FYE ran out of Michael Jackson's and his family's music. That Sunday was when the 2009 BET Awards were happening they had to switch things to focus on Michael Jackson. It's been 15 years since I got one of the biggest shocks of my lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Chicken and Watermelon

Black History in the Making: Carlos Hurd

ATL vs. NYC